GDKP Saturday 9pm ST with Faded Dreams - Cancelled til MoP
GDKP Saturday 9pm ST with Faded Dreams - Cancelled til MoP
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General Public]
Secondary: None

1 2 >>>
1910 days ago Edited 1910 days ago Rating: 0 | #1

<Faded Dreams> will be hosting a GDKP run every Saturday at 9pm ST until either a) people stop showing up or b) MoP hits servers. GDKP is a gold bidding system where every single loot that drops from our Dragonsoul run is up for bids. You get a chance to bid on any item you wish, and you can buy it using Gold. The best part of it is...you get a nice chunk of it back at the end of raid! The total pot at the end of raid after selling every gear will be split between the entire raid. This is not a scam! We have been doing this for months now, and it gives PuGs the opportunity to see 25M Heroic content as well as get more chances at gear since several drop in a 25M run. You can get any piece you want, if the price is right~

If you think you're a geared experienced player, come join us and make some gold with us. We welcome people who are willing to have fun for one night and possibly make some gold at the same time!

Addon used for GDKP: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/gdkpd
Please try to get that addon installed. It is highly recommended for you to install that addon because it makes bidding and watching auctions much more easier. So make it easier on yourself and download it before coming to raid on Saturday!
What is GDKP?
GDKP is a gold bidding pug run system. What this means is, every loot will be bid on with a minimum gold requirement to purchase that item. Whoever wins the bid, keeps the item. This includes Tier Tokens, Legendary quest items, non-Tier (397) gear, and even trash drops. Every single pattern or boss drop will be up for bidding. At the end of the raid, the gold collected will be distributed evenly between the entire raid.
*** There is no Main Spec or Off Spec priority. You bid it, you buy it. ***

Who gets invited?
We need several different types of people to make this raid efficient. Our guild already has many geared alt toons that will be joining this run. We will have a handful of players that will "carry" the raid, so they basically want to come to make some gold/motes. We also need people that are decently geared, but just need a few items from the boss. These people will need to bring gold to buy off those coveted items. Next, we will be taking some majorly undergeared people who will basically spend anything for an item, and the ones that will want to buy the items that almost everyone passes on. This way, we will balance out the raid to clear as much content needed, and to get the most gain in gold at the end of the raid. Each gear will be bid in increments of 100G. For example, if I start a bid on a Tier item starting at 1K, the next bidder MUST bid 1,100 to outbid the previous bid.

Now for the rules....

1) We will be taking people with mostly an ilevel gear of 384 or higher. These people will fill the raid that will help clear content smoothly, have the experience at least in LFR with the boss mechanics, and will bring a lot of gold.
2) You must have some experience in Dragon Soul. If you do not have any experience whatsoever with the bosses in DS, you will most likely not get into the raid.
3) We will only take 2-3 undergeared players who have a main character that has DS experience, but needs gear on their alt. These players will essentially get "carried", but at least gear won't be wasted.
4) It is recommended that you bring at least 20K gold. If you do not have gold, and you fall in the category of "undergeared" or "barely 384 ilevel", then you will not get accepted to this raid. You MUST have gold to join this raid. Even our alts that are extremely geared are bringing gold, so I suggest you bring at least 20K.
5) Every item is up for bidding. This includes non-tier, Tier, trash drops, patterns, Legendary quest items, essence of destruction. Everything that is lootable will be up for bids. There is nothing that will be given out free.
6) We will be using an addon to keep track of the gold and what people have spent on the items. We will also be keeping track of them using our own notepad just in case the addon screws up. You have the right to keep track of everything yourself in case you think we might "cheat" you.
7) You must have 4 hours available for raiding. If you leave early, we will replace you and the new person that we replace you with will be getting your share of the gold. You will forfeit all gold once you leave early.
8) If you disconnect, the raid will wait. But if you are gone for more than 10 minutes, you will be removed from the raid and your gold will be forfeited. Make sure you notify us in whispers or in raid chat if you are planning to leave or "brb".

Bidding rules:
1) 397 Tier Items - Minimum bid will start at 1K
2) 397 Non-Tier items - Minimum bid will start at 1K
3) Trinkets and Weapons (403 level) - Minimum bid will start at 2K
4) Trash gear drops - Minimum bid will start at 500G
5) Essences and Patterns - Minimum bid will start at 500G
6) Legendary quest items - Only rogues can bid on the Elementium Gem Cluster. Highest bid wins. The bidding starts at 1K. If someone else bids on the Cluster, that is not a Rogue, you will pay for the item, but it will go to the Rogue that bid the next highest. If only 1 Rogue is on the quest, then he or she will pay 1KG for EACH cluster that drops from the boss.
7) Heroic 410 Tier and 410 items - Minimum bidding starts at 3k

Our goal is to try and get through as much content possible in 4 hours. At the end of the 4 hours, we will divide the gold between each player evenly. We will attempt to do these runs regularly on Saturdays every week, but the schedule can change. We believe if we bring the same people weekly as people get geared up, the runs will run more smoothly and we can move to heroic content which will be more profitable for the raid.

We will thoroughly go through your armory and make the decision to invite you or reject you. Please contact Agashi or any of my alts to get on the calendar invite list. Please accept the invite to get a spot for the run.

Please check back often to see who the big Spenders were for the night~ I usually post it right after raid or at least the next day.

--
1910 days ago Rating: 0 | #2

This will be the last general thread about this. Edit the main post and put a bump post when you have addenda please.

--
A good Blitzcrank will win the game at the laning phase by repeatedly grabbing and killing the enemy carry. A bad Blitzcrank will win the game 35 minutes in when he lands one of his 500 billion grabs on the enemy carry through sheer luck.
1910 days ago Rating: 0 | #3

Dem new Prices :O

Might actually bring a toon one of these weeks

--
1910 days ago Rating: 0 | #4

Quote by Necrung
This will be the last general thread about this. Edit the main post and put a bump post when you have addenda please.

I made this post so I can edit it, Necrung. The other post is Poopi's and she hasn't really been on that much. The other thread can be deleted or just let it fall.

--
1910 days ago Rating: 0 | #5

Quote by Agashi
Quote by Necrung

I made this post so I can edit it, Necrung. The other post is Poopi's and she hasn't really been on that much. The other thread can be deleted or just let it fall.

Exactly

--
A good Blitzcrank will win the game at the laning phase by repeatedly grabbing and killing the enemy carry. A bad Blitzcrank will win the game 35 minutes in when he lands one of his 500 billion grabs on the enemy carry through sheer luck.
1905 days ago Rating: 0 | #6

We have 27 people (with 6-7 healers) signed up so it looks like a good night for a clearance sale.

We have some people returning like Cynnau and Krypto for only this Saturday so let's try to get some more Heroics cleared!!!

--
1905 days ago Rating: 0 | #7

Where do i find this sign up list at?

--
1905 days ago Rating: 0 | #8

Quote by tecro

I send out calendar invites. You just need to tell me which toon you're bringing and I'll add you when I get home tonight.

--
1905 days ago Rating: 0 | #9

Unless something completely dire happens I should be able to make it this Saturday, for a change. I'll probably bring Murk so I can be at least slightly useful.
1905 days ago Rating: 0 | #10

Quote by Agashi
Quote by tecro

I send out calendar invites. You just need to tell me which toon you're bringing and I'll add you when I get home tonight.

Either my druid or my mage. Depending if i see mal before tonight

--
1905 days ago Rating: 0 | #11

Quote by tecro
Quote by Agashi
Quote by tecro

Either my druid or my mage. Depending if i see mal before tonight

I'll take your druid since you probably wont buy anything.

--
1905 days ago Rating: 0 | #12

Well ill have money if Malacanth is on before tonight.

--
1905 days ago Rating: 0 | #13

Quote by tecro
Well ill have money if Malacanth is on before tonight.

I still want your druid cuz its cuter.

--
1905 days ago Rating: 0 | #14

But my money is cute too! D:

--
1904 days ago Rating: 0 | #15

Do you hvae tanks?

--
1904 days ago Rating: 0 | #16

Quote by Seruketo
Do you hvae tanks?

I think we have tanks tonight actually. But they all have off spec DPS so you can bring whateverrrr you want ;p

--
1904 days ago Rating: 0 | #17

I have gold now ^_^ i wanna bring my mage, spend it all again!

--
1904 days ago Rating: 0 | #18

I wanna be there on mah warlock tonight please and thank you

--
1904 days ago Rating: 0 | #19

Name???

It's not listed under your alt characters on the forum.

--
1904 days ago Rating: 0 | #20

I should be on. I would like to bring my hunter, Hurl. If needed I also have a rogue, holy/disc priest or resto druid.

1 2 >>>
[Back to Index]
718 Unique Members
0 Posts in 24 hours
0 Posts in 7 days
Khriis is the winner!
718 Unique Members
0 Posts in 24 hours
0 Posts in 7 days
Khriis is the winner!